My Story...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be spending the next two years in the Dominican Republic and am excited to use this space to share news with you. God has placed a calling on my heart to venture out and teach in the mountains of the Dominican Republic at Doulos Discovery School. I will also be working with an outreach ministry, called Young Life. Please take some time to check out the links for both of these organizations. Thank you so much for partnering with me on this adventure!

5.14.2013

Live As You Are Called


"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28
This year has been a year of learning... learning to live as I have been called.  I love to look, observe, and compare...and in turn my joy is robbed from me.  My eyes have been opening to the incredible ways I am being used just by living as I am called.  There is great joy in being single and watching the Lord pour out His love through me.  There is a sweetness in being free and available to the Lord’s nudging.  I am not always faithful to that call; however, I am learning.  I am learning that if I am faithful to live as He has called me, that I am often left speechless by what He does around me. 
Expedition Night
Another night of celebration!  Third graders created an Ancient Egypt museum.  Fourth grade students became experts on Incan civilization.  Fifth grade learned about immigration and ran a simulation of a journey to America.  Below are pictures of my classes and here is a link to a video on YouTube that shows snippets from all of the class projects: PK-12.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hfWnk8di_t0

Marlen and I beginning the mummifying process
(Three students became experts on how to make a mummy, with the end result being to actually make a mummy! - well, sort of.)

Me, Adrian, Natan, and the mummy

And we have a mummy!
Adrian, Natan, Alicia Powell (3rd grade teacher), Marlen, and Me

Ancient Egyptians Anais and Albely

The fifth grade girls and I