My Story...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be spending the next two years in the Dominican Republic and am excited to use this space to share news with you. God has placed a calling on my heart to venture out and teach in the mountains of the Dominican Republic at Doulos Discovery School. I will also be working with an outreach ministry, called Young Life. Please take some time to check out the links for both of these organizations. Thank you so much for partnering with me on this adventure!

10.05.2013

Year FOUR!

The Top Ten pictures of the beginning of a new school year (in no particular order)...

Young Life Staff Meeting
Emily, Me, and Melisa (Katie was missing, so we sent her these pics)
FUNdations!!
Alicia (3rd grade teacher) and I are excited to pilot this Phonics program at Doulos!

Rebekah (now a Senior at Doulos!) cooking dinner with me.

PhotoShoot!  Rebekah and I


Couch Olympics!
My dream come true...  Our first YL Event of the Year.  Teams carried couches through the streets of Jarabacoa to complete a Photo Scavenger Hunt.
Here's my team of tenth graders at the gas station!

The team of Seniors with their couch!

Third grader, Alidanfther, working on her Color Poem

Rubi proudly displaying her finished Color Poem

dear Friends being silly during a picnic to celebrate Megan's 25th birthday
Melisa and I drove down the mountain on Megan's Golden Birthday (25 on the 25th) to buy 25 ounces of ice cream with 25 toppings at Sweet Frog.  She was there everyday with friends, her third grade students, or high school girls when it opened last Spring.  She had gone twice the night she died.  Melisa and I had fun celebrating her in that way.
I hope you enjoyed a little glimpse into life here in the DR.  Thank you for your continued support in so many ways as I embark on a fourth year here.  Love and peace to you.