My Story...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be spending the next two years in the Dominican Republic and am excited to use this space to share news with you. God has placed a calling on my heart to venture out and teach in the mountains of the Dominican Republic at Doulos Discovery School. I will also be working with an outreach ministry, called Young Life. Please take some time to check out the links for both of these organizations. Thank you so much for partnering with me on this adventure!

11.13.2012

Joy

"I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High."  Psalm 9:2

It's been a busy, but great, beginning of the year!  Below are a few pictures that show what the semester has held thus far...

Third Grade goes to the aquarium...
We all fit in one guagua!
Jenifer excited to hold a starfish!

Malachi is lovin' life!

total awe.


5th grade performed for "5 Minutes of Fame" at Revolution this semester.  Check out their performance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6sgZFaXMM



Young Life in Jarabacoa
Young Life kicks off with Water Olympics

High-fiving Jesus during the Photo Scavenger Hunt

"Throwing a wish in a well"
Photo Scavenger Hunt
Climbing a tree in El Parque
Photo Scavenger Hunt
The team with a chicken?  Okay, turkey works too
Photo Scavenger Hunt
The team on a stranger's moto
Photo Scavenger Hunt
Thalia leading Bingo with the elderly during our YL Serv-a-thon
(high school students collected pledges per hour serving to raise money for camp)

YL Serv-a-thon group after a fun and tiring day!


Life...
Kerrie (aka Jan Brady) and I in the 70s...

The Scars.
Celebrating Tim's birthday with a 70s party.
Check out little baby Charlotte's homemade afro wig
I celebrated my birthday with this fantastic crowd and a game of kickball.
It was glorious.

Our kickball game...right in my backyard





Good friends Brad and Amanda came to visit!