I had the privilege of attending the Young Life All Staff Conference this past week in Orlando, Florida and these were the words Tim Keller left us with on our first morning together. Hmm… He continued the next morning with the statement, “If you believe the Gospel, it restructures your identity.”
We are called to first let the good news of our Lord, Jesus Christ, infiltrate our hearts and change us from within, before bringing that good news to others. In Young Life, we form relationships with people in the community to bring that life-changing news. I was challenged by Tim Keller’s words – have I taken my hands off of my life? When he asked, I had to honestly answer no. Sure, I am outwardly serving Him each and every day… but our Lord looks deep into our hearts. And deep in my heart, I like to maintain control over a few insecurities. So, now I am resting in the truth of the good news – that I am “more wicked, yet more loved, than I ever believed” (T.Keller).
Returning to Jarabacoa, we are about to start our programmatic events with Young Life. Please pray for our leadership team that we would approach this semester with Christ as our focus and love kids through His love and power. Please be especially lifting up our student leaders – Rebekah, Daniel, and Glenys.
I am adjusting to my new schedule at the school and truly finding joy in the kids that I work with. We will be entering the “expedition season” soon, which is always exciting. Also, the whole school will take a break at the end of February for Service Week. I love that each grade in our school serves the community in all different ways for a whole week! It truly shows the revolutionary love of Christ.
Thank you all for your continued love and support. I am so grateful for each one of you. Don't forget to check out the pictures below...
much love to you, Sara
![]() |
| Housemates Lorraine and Rachel on Lo's bday |
![]() |
| Friends Christen and Kerrie at Lo's birthday dinner |
Below are just a small handful of the people I got to see in Florida
(really the only times I remembered to take pictures)
![]() |
| The Florida fam Ryan, Robin, Giovanna, & Maddox and Barry, Gretchen, Jackson, & Cannon |
![]() |
| Sarah Bond and I finally made it to Harry Potter world! Hello Hogwarts! |
![]() |
| Fun times catching up with Dave and Maureen |
![]() |
| Friends Andrea and Jeremy - who are coming to the DR soon, right? |





