“For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.” Luke 6:45
Hello friends!
I’m sorry it’s been so long since my last update. The past few weeks have had their ups and downs in many different ways. I continue to draw near to Christ and try to be faithful in letting him be the source of life for me so that my words and actions are the overflow of Him. Here are some highlights and challenges from life here…
Young Life: We had a great Leader’s Weekend at Pico September 3-5 and have the largest leadership team I’ve ever been a part of – 12 men and women! We also had our first Club on September 7 and had a great turn out of high school kids. They had great energy and we are looking forward to our second club this Tuesday, September 21. Campaigners (small group bible studies) will also be starting soon!
Doulos: I have started teaching small classes of third, fourth, and fifth grade students who need a little extra help with English. I have pictures of the third and fifth grade classes to share. Fourth grade is an energetic group and I will try to capture them soon! It has been a challenging task to teach a new curriculum with a language barrier… but I am enjoying it!
As for me… please pray for my health. I have been feeling sick off and on for the past two weeks and it is starting to take its toll on my energy level (I don’t think it has anything to do with turning 30 recently!!).
Thanks to all who continue to pray and send me updates via email and mail – you are such an encouragement to me!